Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to Ei Group plc publicans resident in the UK, aged 18 or over. You must be a current Ei Group plc publican and have been with Ei Group plc for three months or more.
- You must be on a substantive agreement with Ei Group plc.
- Applicants must be compliant with the Terms and Conditions of their agreement and will be subject to a financial check of their account with Ei Group plc by Ei Group plc.
- You must give genuine answers to all questions in the application form, answer them to the best of your ability and provide appropriate evidence where necessary.
- All publicans creating and saving an application before the closing date of 5th April 2019 will be entered into the competition.
- Divisional winners will be announced in April 2019.
- Finalists will be announced in May 2019.
- All award winners will be announced during the awards ceremony on 2nd July 2019 at Old Thorns, Liphook.
- Only the three category finalists will be invited to the awards ceremony at the Old Thorns, Liphook.
- The names of all finalists and winners can be obtained by visiting the Ei Group Awards for Excellence website www.eigroupawards.com after 2nd July 2019.
- The decision of the judging panel is final in all cases and no correspondence regarding their decision will be entered into. Ei Group plc is not responsible for any third party acts or omissions.
- Each winner of all categories will receive a prize to the value of £500 and a trip to Amsterdam courtesy of Heineken UK.
- The winners of the Lifetime Achievement Award and the Ei Group Pub of the Year award will receive a prize to the value of £1000 and a trip to Amsterdam courtesy of Heineken UK.
- All other finalists who reach the final three in all categories but do not win a category, will receive a prize to the value of £100 and either a day at the Races, courtesy of Sky, or an event at the O2 Arena courtesy of AB InBev.
- Ei Group plc reserves the right to amend or terminate the competition at its absolute discretion at any time without prior notice due to circumstances outside its control, and to withhold the prize in the case that the winning publican is in contravention of their lease or tenancy agreement and/or are in arrears of payment for amounts due to Ei Group plc as at the end of the competition.
- All finalists and winners must agree to participate in publicity activity without further payment in all media at the discretion of Ei Group plc, without notice, review or approval. You should ensure that you have the permission of all recognisable people in photographs that are entered into this competition, as all photos uploaded may be used in our marketing communications and publicity.
Entry and judging process
Publicans will be able to enter themselves into the awards online at www.eigroupawards.com, alternatively, Regional Managers will also be able to enter pubs into competition by working with publicans to write the entry and submit directly to the Divisional Director.
Entries for the following categories will face the below judging process.
- Best Community Hub
- Best Sports Venue
- Best Outdoor Area
- Best Turnaround
- Best Entertainment Venue
- Best Multiple Operator
- Best Marketing Initiative
- Best Drink Offer
- Best Newcomer
- Divisional Directors will review all entries for their Division and pick a winner for each category who will become our divisional winners.
- The divisional winners will then have their entries scrutinised by a panel of industry experts who will narrow down the entries to our three finalists for each category.
- Once we have announced our three finalists for each category, Phil Dixon, Pub Industry Expert, will visit each pub to conduct site visits and interviews with our publicans. Using his expertise, he will determine a winner and two runners up for each category.
The following categories will face an alternative judging process which is explained below.
- Best Food Offer – mystery shopper visits will be conducted by a food critique (TBC) at the nine pubs who have become divisional winners. This person will then score accordingly to determine one winner and two runners up.
- Cellar Standards – a representative from Wadworth Brewery will visit the nine pubs who have become divisional winners and carry out audits to provide the three finalists, including one winner.
- Lifetime Achievement – the nine divisional winner’s entries will be given to Simon Townsend who will decide, from these nine, who is the overall winner.
- Ei Group Pub of the Year – this pub will be decided by the judges from the finalists of all other categories with the exception of the Lifetime Achievement Award.