Top Tips for Entering
By going through the entry process you have the opportunity to focus on what you have achieved in your pub, allowing you to see where you could improve in the future. It’s also a fantastic morale booster for your team.
Here’s a reminder of the benefits of entering:
- Boost your business
- Showcase your achievements
- Boost your team’s morale
- Generate excellent PR for your pub
- Work with our suppliers
Whether this is your first or 50th time entering awards, here are our tips on compiling a stand out entry…
- Identify the right category for your business and discuss this with your Regional Manager or even your customers!
- Take the time to review each of the categories in detail. It is important that you take the time to think about what you want your entry to say.
- Make sure you stick to the submission deadline and leave plenty of time to write your entry to make sure you cover everything.
- Read the entry criteria and ensure you understand what the judges will be looking for. If you’re not sure about anything, get in contact with us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Excite the judges, highlight some of your achievements and initiatives, back them up where appropriate, and think outside the box. Each entry is read through in great detail so include as much evidence as possible!
- If you are struggling to put what you want to say into words, break the question down and bullet point your answers before adding in further detail afterwards.