By going through the entry process, you have the opportunity to focus on what you have achieved in your pub, allowing you to see where you could improve in the future. It’s also a fantastic morale booster for your team going through the entry process and even more so if you win. Here are our tips on compiling a stand out entry…
- Identify the right category for your business and discuss this with your Regional Manager.
- Take the time to review each of the categories in detail.
- Make sure you stick to the submission deadline and leave plenty of time to write your entry to make sure you cover everything.
- Read the entry criteria and ensure you understand what the judges will be looking for and stick to it.
- Excite the judges, highlight some of your achievements and initiatives and back them up where appropriate – from videos of your buzzing live music events to photographs of your pub garden in full bloom.
- Be passionate and innovative to really illustrate why you and your pub stand out from the crowd..
Pub Principles and PR
Pub Principles guides, including social media, sport, gaming machines and cellar standards, have been created in partnership with industry experts such as Cask Marque, Diageo and Gamestec and are available to download via the Publican Channel here.
The 'How to PR your Pub' guide is also available from the Publican Channel here.